This post was contributed by Ryan Lombardozzi, NCEA Social Media Coordinator.
Presenter: Jennifer M. Trefelner
Social Media gives Catholic Schools effective and creative avenues to tell their stories, encourage positive discussion, and benefit from online marketing. It is also a useful tool in marketing Catholic schools for image, enrollment and resources.
When i doubt, check with the Pope!
The media helps communication, said Pope Francis.
Tips for Social Media:
- Use the analytics built in to social media sites to understand your audience.
- Develop action plans to monitor your initiatives to reach your objectives and understand the growth of your sites after each campaign.
Trefelner’s Marketing Mantra is: The consistent delivery of the right message; to the right person; to the right way; at the right time.Learner Outcomes:
- Recognize social media tools for image building, recruitment, communication and support of development efforts.
- Comparing the preferences of different school constituent groups and learn the latest social media strategies.
- Identify and discuss how to reach and engage target markets, and develop a working understanding of the considerations and data to include in a social media strategy.