This post was contributed by Annette Jones, NCEA Assistant Director of Leadership Development.
Principals, Pastors, Presidents, and Board Chairs are invited to…. The Institute for Catholic School Leaders in Omaha, Nebraska from July 17-20, 2016!
It’s hard to believe yet another school year is about to come to an end and summer is just around the corner. We hope the 2015-2016 school year has been a prosperous and successful one for your Catholic schools.
Here at NCEA, summer means professional development and learning opportunities for our members. We are less than three months away from the most significant professional development opportunity for Catholic school leaders this year! As you know, the Institute for Catholic School Leaders (ICSL) for principals, presidents, pastors, and board chairs is being held July 17-20, 2016.
In addition to an outstanding keynote address by Dale Hoyt, Ed.D., Superintendent of the Archdiocese of Hartford, CT, we are offering four leadership tracks at this summer institute. The four tracks and topics within the tracks are as follows:
- Developing Catholic Identity
- Making Catholic Schools more Spiritual
- Making Church more Inclusive
- Servant Leadership Retreat Planning
- Pastor with Principal
- Principal with President
- School Board with Catholic School Leadership
- Enrollment Management
- Marketing and Branding
- Financing the Mission
Leadership Succession/Emerging Leaders
- Law and Policies with 21st Century Technology
- Professionalism (Dress Code/Social Media/Communication)
- Staff/Performance Evaluation
- Year-long Planning
- Staff Management
To further whet your appetite, a few notable and engaging presenters are:
- Ron Nuzzi, ACE Senior Director, University of Notre Dame
- William Dygert, C.S.C., Superintendent Archdiocese of Portland Oregon
- Pat McCormack, IHM, Ed.D., Formation-Education Consultant
- Steve Virgadamo, Associate Superintendent Archdiocese of New York
- Dale McDonald, PBVM, Ph.D., NCEA Director of Public Policy
Registration and additional information can be found at Institute for Catholic School Leaders. Please join us at the Institute for Catholic School Leaders this summer!