Before breaking for your summer vacation, reminder to submit your proposal for the NCEA 2017 Convention & Expo in St. Louis, MO from April 18-20, 2017!
Whether you have presented before or have been inspired by a session you have attended, we invite you to submit a proposal to present at NCEA 2017.
The selection process involves a thorough review of every complete proposal submitted prior to the deadline. Please be sure to complete your submissions to include speaker contact information (for each session speaker), session description(s), target audiences, topic areas, and actionable learning objectives. Keep in mind, only the first two completed proposals submitted will be considered for a session slot at NCEA 2017.
Additional tips to help with your proposal:
- Be sure that your session title clearly describes exactly what the session is about and is no more than 10 words in length: please avoid using acronyms.
- Topics should align with one of the four domains of the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools (Mission& Catholic Identity/Religious Education; Governance and Leadership; Academic Excellence; and Operational Vitality) and appeal to a wide range of interests in Catholic school education, to an audience of 150 or greater.
- Use active verbs to describe exactly what will occur in the session. Use words such as “describe,” “discuss,” “role-play,” and “present.”
- Describe specific presentation techniques that you will be using; such as interactive, lecture, or multimedia. This way, participants will know what kind of session they will be attending.
- Indicate whether handouts will be available.
- Describe what you will be doing in the session and what the participants can expect to leave with.
- Write in complete sentences. Do not use phrases.
- Limit your session description to 400 characters or fewer. NCEA reserves the right to edit the session description.
Don’t forget – session proposals MUST BE submitted no later than June 30, 2016. Everyone will receive final notification of their abstract submission by mid-December 2016.
For full details on the NCEA 2017 Call for Proposals process and access to submitting a proposal online, please follow this link.