Have you and/or your school team registered for the 2018 NCEA New Directions Assessment Conference? You do not want to miss this one-of-a-kind professional development opportunity, exclusively dedicated to implementing comprehensive assessment programs in your arch/diocese, school and classroom. Don’t want to take our word for it? Well, check out what William H. Sadlier’s Executive Director for Professional Development Ellen Edmonds has to say about the New Directions Assessment Conference in Philadelphia, PA June 18-20, 2018.
Early Bird Rate Ends May 24
New from NCEA released at the Conference:
- NCEA’s white paper, Comprehensive Assessment Programs: Demonstrating Academic Excellence in Catholic Schools, casts a vision for implementing comprehensive assessment programsin Catholic schools designed to monitor student progress, inform instructional programming and communicate academic excellence to parents and the community at large. This paper is a collaborative effort between NCEA, the Archdiocese of Philadelphia and Immaculata University.
- NCEA’s innovative Assessment Microcredential Micro-credentials are modular, competency-based credentials for professional learning that recognize demonstrated mastery of skills and prior knowledge. Micro-credentials are:
- Competency-based – Educators focus on a discrete skill.
- Research-backed – Each micro-credential focuses on effective teaching practices that have been validated through published research.
- On-demand – Educators can earn micro-credentials on their own time.
- Personalized – Educators can select the micro-credentials they wish to earn based on their needs or instructional goals.
- Shareable – Educators can display their digital badge on their resume, blog, or LinkedIn.
Please be sure to check out the preliminary program for a complete session listing and join conversations on Twitter at #NCEAAssessment. Do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. I look forward to seeing you in Philadelphia!
2018 NCEA New Directions Assessment Conference
June 18-20, 2018
The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
3600 Sansom Street I Philadelphia, PA 19104
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
The 2018 NCEA New Directions Assessment Conference (Assessment 2018) will provide top level education on how Catholic schools can implement a comprehensive assessment program to monitor student progress and inform decision-making regarding instructional programs. Register today!