NCEA webinars cover trending and need-to-know topics relevant to your career in Catholic education. All participants will receive the recorded webinar and presentation files for reference and inclusion among other professional learning resources. For inquiries regarding webinars, contact Andrea Chavez-Kopp, Assistant Director for Educational and Formation Programs at email@example.com.
Click here to view a complete list of upcoming webinars along with descriptions. #NCEAWebinars
Title: The Problem is Real: Facilities Matter
Date: Wednesday, July 11, 2018
Time: 11:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
Are your school building and grounds concerns overlooked due to more pressing needs?
- Has your school introduced new teaching and learning initiatives without adapting space?
- Are you dealing with declining enrollment compounded by budget shortfalls?
- Is your school safe and secure?
In order to be effective, the educational programs and needs of today’s schools require an increased level of specific building attributes and space adaptations. Renovations and upgrades should be planned improvements, not disruptive emergencies. And dollars spent on building improvements should advance the school’s educational goals and vision, and sustain them in the future.
Join us to learn how you can use a step-by-step approach to jump-starting your school building improvements while ensuring that the financial support will be available to carry out the desired improvements.
Presented in partnership with Habeeb and Associates
Title: The Business Manager’s Role in Increasing Enrollment
Date: Thursday, July 26, 2018
Time: 01:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Objective of session: To present a true picture of the private school education marketplace, the reasons for declines in Catholic school enrollment and specific actions that Catholic school Business Managers must take to help their schools compete for students and survive. Examples of success stories will be shown:
- Actions taken by schools faced with closure that reversed enrollment decline
- Actions taken by a Diocese High School to grow enrollment and compete with better-funded area secular Catholic High Schools. The changes they made to their learning environment and how they paid for this from existing operating funds
This session has three learning objectives:
- To help School Business Managers and Leadership understand the threat to the Catholic Education mission posed by rising cost, changing population demographics, and the emergence of a non-Catholic private school industry.
- To help Business Managers understand the direct linkage between the learning environment, student performance, and enrollment.
- To present methods and services that are available to Business Managers as they seek advice and look for needed funding to offset the cost of learning environment change.