Catholic schools from 17 arch/dioceses in 13 states will be honored for overall academic excellence in Washington, D.C.
The National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) joyfully proclaims that 44 Catholic schools will be honored with as 2018 National Blue Ribbon Schools at a two-day event in Washington, D.C., November 7 – 8. This year, Catholic schools are 44 of the 49 private schools recognized as National Blue Ribbon Schools.
As Catholic schools work toward the common mission of integrating knowledge with faith in the lives of young people, the honor of being named a National Blue Ribbon School reaffirms their excellence and showcases these schools as extraordinary communities,” said NCEA President/CEO Thomas W. Burnford, D.Min. “It is with great joy that we celebrate and witness these schools’ noteworthy accomplishments.
For 36 years, the National Blue Ribbon has been given to public and private K-12 schools nationwide. The program evaluates student achievement with measurable characteristics that help identify not only the high achieving schools – Exemplary High Performing Schools, but also those schools that have achieved despite difficult odds – Exemplary Achievement Gap Closing Schools. For a complete explanation of the program, please visit http://bit.ly/2yxICbM.
As many as 420 schools can be nominated each year. This year, 349 schools were recognized as National Blue Ribbon Schools. The Council for American Private Education (CAPE) nominates the private schools for the award and the states’ commissioner of education nominates the public schools. The National Blue Ribbon Schools Program serves three main purposes: to identify the highest achieving schools in the country; to make criteria available to all schools to help them evaluate their current quality status and uncover areas for improvement; and, perhaps most importantly, to facilitate the exchange of information between the award-winning schools and those looking for solutions to problems.
NCEA applauds the following Catholic schools which earned the distinction of being 2018 National Blue Ribbon Schools:
- Saint Mary’s School, Simsbury, CT
- Christ the King School, Atlanta, GA
- Holy Redeemer Catholic School, Johns Creek, GA
- Saint James Catholic School, Savannah, GA
- Cardinal Joseph Bernardin Catholic School, Orland Hills, IL
- Queen of All Saints School, Chicago, IL
- Sacred Heart School, Winnetka, IL
- Saint Bede Elementary School, Ingleside, IL
- Saint Francis de Sales School, Lake Zurich, IL
- Saint Francis Xavier School, Wilmette, IL
- Saint Therese Chinese Catholic School, Chicago, IL
- Resurrection Elementary School, Dubuque, IA
- Magdalen Catholic School, Wichita, KS
- Bishop Brossart High School, Alexandria, KY
- Immaculate Heart of Mary School, Burlington, KY
- Our Lady of Lourdes School, Louisville, KY
- Sacred Heart Model School, Louisville, KY
- St. Cecilia Elementary School, Independence, KY
- Saint Joseph School, Cold Spring, KY
- Christ the Teacher School, Fort Lee, NJ
- Our Lady of Mercy Academy, Park Ridge, NJ
- Saint Catharine School, Spring Lake, NJ
- Saint Dominic School, Brick, NJ
- Saint Helena School, Edison, NJ
- Saint James Elementary School, Red Bank, NJ
- Saint Jerome Elementary, West Long Branch, NJ
- Saint Leo the Great School, Lincroft, NJ
- St. Thomas the Apostle School, Old Bridge, NJ
- Transfiguration Academy, Bergenfield, NJ
- Saint Ignatius Loyola School, New York, NY
- Mother Teresa Catholic Elementary School, Liberty Township, OH
- Notre Dame‐Cathedral Latin School, Chardon, OH
- Saint Andrew‐Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Milford, OH
- Ancillae‐Assumpta Academy, Wyncote, PA
- Mater Dei Catholic School, Lansdale, PA
- Our Lady of Mercy Regional Catholic School, Maple Glen, PA
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel School, Doylestown, PA
- Saint Joseph/Saint Robert School, Warrington, PA
- Saint Jude Catholic School, Chalfont, PA
- Saint Katharine Drexel Catholic School, Southampton, PA
- St. Mary Magdalen School, Media, PA
- Saints Peter and Paul School, West Chester, PA
- Saint John Paul II Catholic School, Houston, TX
- Blessed Sacrament School & Early Childhood Center, Alexandria, VA
For more information about the Blue Ribbon Schools, visit the NCEA web page.
In service of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, NCEA strengthens Catholic school communities by providing professional development, formation, leadership and advocacy.