Didn’t have the chance to check in with NCEA Talk each day? We’ve got you covered. Each Friday NCEA Talk will post a roundup of Catholic education news and resources from the week.
In case you missed it…
Happening Next Week
- National Blue Ribbon Award 2019: Please complete the pre-registration form for the National Blue Ribbon Award by Tuesday, November 6, 2018 to be eligible for the 2019 cycle.
- Participate in The Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD) Creating on the Margins Contest, which helps schools and parishes engage youth in learning the root causes of poverty and the Church’s response. The theme of this year’s contest, “A Time to Heal Racism,” invites Catholic youth in grades 7-12 to engage with the theme of racism in an age-appropriate way. Youth will then work to educate others through creative work of any medium (e.g., video, song, painting, drama, poetry, etc.).
- Supporting Literacy Acquisition at Every Grade Level: The Problem Nobody’s Talking About – Tuesday, November 6, 2018 1 PM EST.
- Teaching About Islam in Catholic Schools: Exposing Our Students to Muslims Through Film – Thursday, November 8, 2018 4 PM EST.
Major Announcements & Deadlines
- Registration for NCEA 2019 Convention & Expo in Chicago is open!
- Submit your proposal today for the 2019 NCEA New Directions STREAM 3.0 Conference.
- Nominate an individual or organization for the NCEA President’s Awards as we honor and recognize excellence and distinguished service in Catholic school education.
- Registration is now open for the 2019 Visions for Excellence Early Childhood Seminar on April 24 during the NCEA 2019 Convention & Expo.
- The Fall 2018 issue of Momentum is now available. Click here to read the digital issue now.
- Check out our new and improved Religious Education Assessments programs.
- Your school’s website is often the first interaction a prospective family has with your school. The Year-Round Marketing Kit for Catholic Schools includes suggestions for making your website stand out. Learn more in the “Perception-Based Marketing” section.
- Check out our newly published whitepaper: Comprehensive Assessment Programs.
- Develop your skills and earn recognition for your professional growth with NCEA’s Micro-credential Program.
- The Many Gifts, One Nation: A Day of Giving to Catholic Schools portal will open this month. Watch our recent webinar to ensure you have all your school needs to update your page early!