Didn’t have the chance to check in with NCEA Talk each day? We’ve got you covered.
- Paying for Modern Learning: Business Office Leadership – Monday, May 20, 2019, 1 PM EDT
- Annual Fund: Ending the Year Strong – Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 11 AM EDT
- Mark your calendars for Summer Professional Development!
- Registration space for NCEA STREAM 3.0 is nearly SOLD OUT! Register today to lock in your spot for this conference full of innovative sessions, hands-on learning, inspiring keynotes and networking opportunities. The deadline to book a hotel room within the NCEA STREAM 3.0 room block has been extended to Thursday, May 23, but rooms are filling up quickly – make your reservation today!
- The Brown Hotel in Louisville, KY is once again the host hotel for the Seventeenth Annual Education Law Symposium (July 11 – 14, 2019). Registration is now available on the event website. Questions and requests for more information can be directed to email@example.com.
- Registration is now open for the Institute for Catholic School Leaders (ICSL), which is taking place July 14 – 17, 2019 in Indianapolis, IN. Check out the preliminary program at www.NCEA.org/icsl to learn more about the dynamic Focused Content Sessions and break-out sessions offered at this year’s Institute. There is a preview of one of the Focused Content Sessions, Purpose and Emotion: Transforming from Manager to Leader, on NCEA’s YouTube channel. Early bird registration ends Monday, June 3.
- The Religious Freedom Center of the Freedom Forum Institute will host the Summer Religious Studies Institute at the Newseum. The program will convene K-12 independent school educators in the nation’s capital to explore issues of religious literacy, civil dialogue, and the challenges and opportunities of navigating religious diversity in the classroom.
- The Catholic Education Foundation invites bishops, priests and seminarians to participate in an intensive and comprehensive four-day seminar, “The Role of the Priest in Today’s Catholic School.” From 4 PM, July 16, to 4 PM, July 19, 2019 (with accommodations available a day earlier or later) at Seton Hall University in South Orange, NJ.
Major Announcements & Deadlines
- The Call for Proposals for NCEA 2020 is now open! You may submit a proposal for a session at the 2020 NCEA Visions for Excellence Soul of Youth Sports Seminar (April 15), the 2020 New Directions Exceptional Learners Post Conference (April 17) or NCEA 2020 Convention & Expo (April 14-16) – all taking place in Baltimore, MD!
- To be among the first to know about NCEA 2020-related news, especially if you’re interested in our sports, marketing and exceptional learner events, share your information and we’ll take care of the rest.
- Just Released! English Learners White Paper – “Encountering, Embracing and Educating: Answering Our Call to Serve Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students.” The white paper provides a solid rationale for our Catholic schools in serving and supporting linguistically and culturally diverse students, a discussion around the potential challenges in executing this mission and a roadmap for future implementation and success.
- This summer, the International Office of Catholic Education OIEC 2019 World Congress will be in New York, June 5 – 8, 2019, at Fordham University, Lincoln Campus. The OIEC hopes to welcome at least 1,000 people from around the world, representing about 210,000 schools in more than 100 countries — 46 million students. For more information and to register for the congress, go to: https://www.oieccongress.com.
- You are invited to read and enjoy the only magazine focused solely on “Accessibility, Compliance & EQUITY” in education. It’s AC&E, the free, fully online journal recognizing the needs of “Every Student, Every School, Every Day” for every educator.
- The Office of Catholic Schools for the Diocese of Columbus published an outstanding document called “A Teacher’s Guide to Standards-Based Grading and Reporting.” Members of the Standards-based Grading Team as well as the members of the Office of Religious Education and Catechesis worked hard to define the essential standards and then to link those standards to the diocesan courses of study.
- Please share this month’s Parent News flyer (in English and Spanish) with your school families. Previous Parent News flyers are available on the NCEA website.
- The Spring 2019 issue of Momentum is now available online!
- Check out our new and improved IFG: ACRE and Adult Survey programs.